Linked Data API

Show Search Form

Search Results

registered interest false remove filter
date less than 2019-02-27more like thismore than 2019-02-27
answering body
Department for Work and Pensions more like this
answering dept id 29 more like this
answering dept short name Work and Pensions more like this
answering dept sort name Work and Pensions more like this
hansard heading Employment and Support Allowance: Self-employed remove filter
house id 1 more like this
pref label House of Commons more like this
question text To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps her Department is taking to support self-employed people who need to claim employment support allowance. more like this
tabling member constituency Aberdeen South more like this
tabling member printed
Ross Thomson remove filter
uin 226720 more like this
is ministerial correction false more like this
date of answer remove filter
answer text <p>We have successfully rolled out Universal Credit in all job centres nationally. Consequently, self-employed people, who have a health condition, can now claim either Universal Credit and/or New Style Employment and Support Allowance.</p><p> </p><p>Claimants who are eligible to claim New Style Employment and Support Allowance can do so by calling the Universal Credit helpline to request a claim form or by downloading and printing the form available on Full details about how to apply (including information requesting forms in alternative formats such as braille) can be found at: <a href="" target="_blank"></a></p><p> </p><p>Claimants who are not eligible to claim New Style Employment and Support Allowance can claim Universal Credit online. For those unable to access or use digital services, assistance to make and maintain their claim is available via the Freephone Universal Credit helplines. The Universal Credit Service Centre will establish the best means of support available.</p><p> </p><p>A home visit can be arranged to support a claimant in making their initial claim and completing any other administrative tasks required to ensure their application is completed.</p><p> </p><p>Additionally, to help claimants who may struggle making a claim, Universal Support is available, which is advice, assistance or support to help Universal Credit and New Style Employment and Support Allowance claimants with managing their claim or award.</p><p> </p><p>From 1 April 2019 Citizens Advice (England and Wales) and Citizens Advice Scotland will deliver a new “Help to Claim” service to support vulnerable claimants through the process of making a claim.</p>
answering member constituency Reading West more like this
answering member printed Alok Sharma more like this
question first answered
less than 2019-03-07T13:53:53.997Zmore like thismore than 2019-03-07T13:53:53.997Z
answering member
label Biography information for Alok Sharma remove filter
tabling member
label Biography information for Ross Thomson more like this