Linked Data API

Show Search Form

Search Results

registered interest false more like this
date less than 2019-07-17more like thismore than 2019-07-17
answering body
Department for Education more like this
answering dept id 60 remove filter
answering dept short name Education more like this
answering dept sort name Education remove filter
hansard heading Children: Day Care more like this
house id 1 more like this
pref label House of Commons more like this
question text To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what assistance is available to parents of disabled children who need additional childcare during the school summer holidays. more like this
tabling member constituency Birmingham, Selly Oak more like this
tabling member printed
Steve McCabe more like this
uin 278350 more like this
is ministerial correction false more like this
date of answer less than 2019-07-23more like thisremove minimum value filter
answer text <p>Local authorities are required to secure sufficient childcare in their area, so far as is practicable, for working parents, or parents who are studying or training for employment, for children aged to 14 (or up to 18 for disabled children).</p><p>Since 2011, every local authority has also been under a duty to provide a range of short breaks for disabled children and their families. Responsibility for funding short breaks rests with local authorities. They are best placed and have the freedom to decide how to deliver services, target their resources and priorities and be flexible to meet the local needs of disabled children and young people.</p><p>Tax-free childcare was introduced in 2017 to support families with the costs of childcare, for which 1.6 million families are eligible. For every £8 that parents pay into an online account, the government pays £2 – up to a maximum contribution of £2,000 per child each year, for children aged up to 12. Parents of disabled children receive extra support (worth up to £4,000 per child, for each year and until their child is 17) which can be used to pay for childcare provision both during term time and in school holidays.</p><p> </p>
answering member constituency Stratford-on-Avon more like this
answering member printed Nadhim Zahawi more like this
question first answered
remove filter
answering member
label Biography information for Nadhim Zahawi more like this
tabling member
label Biography information for Steve McCabe remove filter