Linked Data API

Show Search Form

Search Results

registered interest false more like this
date less than 2016-09-02more like thismore than 2016-09-02
answering body
Department for Work and Pensions more like this
answering dept id 29 more like this
answering dept short name Work and Pensions more like this
answering dept sort name Work and Pensions more like this
hansard heading Disability: Employment more like this
house id 1 more like this
pref label House of Commons more like this
question text To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps his Department is taking to support the parents of children with special educational needs and disabilities to enable them to find employment. more like this
tabling member constituency Twickenham remove filter
tabling member printed
Dr Tania Mathias more like this
uin 44208 more like this
is ministerial correction false more like this
date of answer less than 2016-09-07more like thismore than 2016-09-07
answer text <p>Where parents of disabled children would like to go out to work, DWP wants to make it easier for them to do so. Jobcentre Plus Work Coaches provide personalised support, tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the claimant, helping them to find work that fits with their individual circumstances. Work Coaches will also endeavour to support the claimant to overcome barriers that might make finding a job more difficult and will work with the individual to identify the most appropriate help available.</p><p> </p><p>Under Universal Credit, extra financial support is available to parents for each dependent child who is disabled. Universal Credit also provides working parents with help with childcare costs. In April 2016, we extended this support to cover up to 85% of the eligible costs of childcare.</p><p> </p><p>Parents of disabled children also receive help with childcare through the free childcare entitlements. All three and four year olds are entitled to 15 hours of free childcare per week, and we are extending this free entitlement to 30 hours per week for working parents of three and four year olds. In addition, two year olds are entitled to 15 hours of free childcare if they have a current statement of special educational need or an education, health and care plan, or receive Disability Living Allowance.</p><p> </p><p>The Department for Education is consulting on additional funding for children with special education needs and disabilities as part of its consultation on early years funding which closes on 22 September 2016.</p><p> </p><p>Working parents of disabled children will also benefit from extra support under Tax-Free Childcare which will be introduced from early 2017. This will provide Government support with childcare costs of up to £4,000 per year for a disabled child up to the age of 17.</p>
answering member constituency Portsmouth North more like this
answering member printed Penny Mordaunt more like this
question first answered
less than 2016-09-07T16:13:55.773Zmore like thismore than 2016-09-07T16:13:55.773Z
answering member
label Biography information for Penny Mordaunt remove filter
tabling member
label Biography information for Dr Tania Mathias more like this