Linked Data API

Show Search Form

Search Results

unstar this property answering dept short name Housing, Communities and Local Government more like this
star this property type
star this property answer
unstar this property answer text <p>In England, the Regulator of Social Housing requires registered providers to maintain their homes to the Decent Homes Standard. That includes a requirement to provide reasonably modern facilities and services. The Standard does not require social landlords to provide essential household items such as households goods or furnishings.</p><p>Where people need it, the Government provides a strong safety net through the welfare system for those who need extra support, including a system of hardship payments and benefit advances. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) may also be able to offer support for those that need help with the costs of intermittent expenses that are considered difficult to budget for, including furniture. For those on Universal Credit, budgeting advances provide access to interest free payments for one-off items. For those on other DWP means-tested benefits interest free budgeting loans are available.</p><p> </p> more like this
star this property tabling member
unstar this property label Biography information for Stephen Timms more like this